Today I put in some trees, blocked out a bit of anatomy for the marching soldiers, and got the priest 90% done. Still need to tweak the decorative elements on his robe; I’m mucking about with it and seeing what works. Hands and faces also usually end up getting tweaked ad nauseum.
I learned a while ago that for such elements as the bucket, it ends up being easier to just draw in the whole object even if it’ll be halfway hidden by something else. That’s because 1) it’s easier to make perspective/shapes work that way, and 2) I inevitably end up moving around elements of the composition and parts I thought would be hidden are showing in the final piece. This way I can just slide that bucket around wherever I need it and not have to worry.