In pursuit of my 2 cards/month goal, I applied butt to chair and worked some more on the Visionary. I can tell this card is going to be wailing and gnashing of teeth all the way–that little platform under his foot? Took me 45 minutes. Then I started trying to get perspective on the upright gear to not look wonky, had some marginal success, and decided that the headache meant I was done for the night.
There is going to be a challenge here of getting everything to fit together, which all things considered is very apropos for the theme. I have at least managed to get the Visionary himself to fit right in, finally, by way of some anatomy tricks that I think came out pretty well in the end. It’ll be a bit clearer when I add color flats to him so he isn’t overlapping the gear levers. That is going to wait until I finish his inks, though–I designed an outfit for him that I’m still mulling over. I really want to fit a set of crafters’ tools on a belt, but the scale may prevent that fine a detail.