Here’s the first round of work on this piece. I’m quite happy with the way the paper is staying flat after stretching it, though I need to refine the process. This is also not indicative of the overall palette of the piece; the upper right half is going to have a lot of warm colors and yellows in it. Then I’ll pull some earth tones into the upper part of the tree/bridge that will hopefully help unify it. The tree trunk is also going to get more solid and dark as I add more layering to it.
I started in on that upper portion today and I’m worried it’s not quite meshing yet, but we’ll see. I’ll take a picture of it when I get the sun back tomorrow. : P